Episode 28 of The Scoop was recorded on Skype with Frank Chaparro, Larry Cermak, and Paolo Ardoino, CTO of Bitfinex and Tether. Listen below, and subscribe to The Scoop on Apple, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Email feedback and revision requests to [email protected].
In this episode of The Scoop, Paolo discusses several topics with Chaparro and Larry, including:
- Bitfinex’s failures in transparency and what they are doing today to be more transparent
- Paolo’s thoughts on the research report suggesting Tether manipulated Bitcoin prices during the 2017 bull run
- Why Bitfinex saw success in raising capital for LEO
- Plans to launch options which will be available on Bitfinex via it’s company iFinex Financial Technologies Limited
- Tether’s plans to launch a gold backed Tether Gold, with each coin directly linked to a specific gold bar
- Bitfinex’s partnership with a well known company to launch crypto gift cards
The transcript is provided for your convenience, please excuse any errors or typos resulting from the transcription process:
Frank Chaparro Ladies and gentlemen, thank you so much for tuning into what is a very special episode of the Scoop. We have, joining us, the Chief Technology Officer of Bitfinex and Tether Paolo. Thank you so much for joining us on the show today. We have a lot to talk about – you guys have been in the news a lot this past week. Paolo Ardoino. Am I saying that right? Did we get that? How would we how do we say–what’s the correct pronunciation?
Paolo Ardoino It’s Ardoino Yeah.