The Tron Foundation is expanding its ecosystem with today’s announcement of a new partnership with Steemit Inc., the largest decentralized blockchain-based social media and blogging platform.
Steemit will begin its migration to the Tron network, adding to Tron’s base of users and platforms that includes strategic partnerships with Samsung, Poloniex, Opera and DLive.
Strategic acquisitions and partnerships with platforms that deliver large userbases have positioned Tron to expand its products and services to over 20 million users, according to the company’s estimate.
- Live streaming – World’s Largest Blockchain-Based Live Streaming Platform Hosting PewDiePie Begins Migration to Tron
- Smartphones – Tech Giant Samsung Now Supports Tron (TRX) on Its Blockchain Keystore App
- Web browser – Popular Web Browser Goes Full Crypto, Adds Bitcoin (BTC) Payments and Support for Tron (TRX)
- File sharing – Tron (TRX) Reveals Secret Crypto Project and Big Plans for BitTorrent
- Crypto exchange – Poloniex
With the migration of Steemit, which powers a stack of blockchain-based social media platforms including YouTube alternative D.Tube, Instagram alternative APPICS and fitness Dapp Actifit, Tron’s network is poised to gain over one million users.
Old Steem tokens will be converted to new Tron-based Steem tokens.
According to the announcement,
“This partnership further empowers TRON’s title as the blockchain industry’s leader in distributed ledger technology with over 800 Dapps now in its ecosystem.”
While Ethereum remains the largest ecosystem for decentralized applications that leverage smart contracts, driving the majority of the DeFi movement, Tron has carved out its niche as the second-largest ecosystem through a mix of gaming, gambling and social media applications.