Litecoin has been the fourth largest cryptocurrency in terms of market cap for several months, and stands as the leading cryptocurrency to stem from Bitcoin’s blockchain. Litecoin’s LTC token has been a popular choice for investment since Charlie Lee created it in 2011.
How to create a Litecoin wallet
Sign up for a free Coindirect account and you will automatically get a free Litecoin online wallet . You can use your Litecoin wallet to buy, sell, store, send (withdraw) and receive (deposit) LTC.
How to create Litecoin address?
Once you have signed up for a free Coindirect account all you need to do press the ‘Receive’ button to reveal your Coindirect Litecoin wallet address.
How to buy Litecoin with a credit card?
- Sign up for a free Coindirect account
- Find your Litecoin Wallet and click the ‘Buy’ button in your Litecoin Wallet.
- Select “New VISA Card (EUR)” or “New credit card (NGN)” if you are in Nigeria.
- Enter EUR value of BTC you want to purchase (more than the minimum limit) or the BTC amount you want to buy and then click ‘Preview Buy’
- You will receive a quote, press ‘confirm’ before the timer runs out (counts down from 55 seconds)
- Type in your credit card details and pay
- You will be taken to a page to verify your transaction
- Finally, you will be redirected back to your Coindirect Wallet once the payment is successful
How to buy Litecoin from your bank account?
If you are in South Africa or in Europe in a SEPA country you can deposit ZAR and EUR into your Coindirect ZAR Wallet or Euro Wallet respectively.
To fund your account you have to transfer money using bank transfers.