- Rockstar Games has announced the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC launch time.
- It goes live at 8 AM ET/1 PM GMT/10 PM JST on the Rockstar launcher and Epic Games Store.
- Steam players will to wait until December.
Rockstar Games has announced when we’ll be able to jump in to the highly anticipated PC port of Red Dead Redemption 2 later today. The timings are a little unorthodox, and the game will be available a little later than on the customary stroke of midnight.
In a tweet, the Grand Theft Auto V developer revealed the game would go live at 8 AM Eastern Time, while also plugging last-minute pre-orders on its Rockstar Games launcher.
Pre-purchase includes a bevy of in-game exclusives, a free upgrade to either the Ultimate or Special edition, and a free classic Rockstar game of your choice (the Grand Theft Auto series, Bully, Max Payne, and more).
As for the rest of the world, the unlock times translate as follows;
- 5 AM Pacific Time
- 1 PM GMT/UK
- 2 PM Central European Time
- 6:30 PM Indian Standard Time
- 10 PM Japan Standard Time
- 12 AM Australian Eastern Time
The launch times are applicable to the two storefronts currently selling Red Dead Redemption 2, which are the Rockstar Games Launcher and the Epic Games Store. Steam players will, unfortunately, have to wait until an as-yet-unspecified date in December to sample Arthur Morgan’s rugged epic.
Minimum and Recommended System Requirements
If you missed it, Rockstar also released the system requirements for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 last week.