From five bold predictions on the year ahead to an endorsement of Ripple’s XRP-powered xRapid, here’s a look at some of the stories breaking in the world of crypto.
Bitcoin and Crypto
Fortune just released a list of five cryptocurrency predictions for 2019. Here’s a look at what the business magazine expects might happen in the new year.
- Tether will lose market share to competing cryptocurrencies.
- Facebook will create a cryptocurrency for WhatsApp.
- The US Securities and Exchange Commission will target big name cryptocurrencies and platforms.
- The first Bitcoin ETF will be approved.
- Crypto prices will not return to all-time highs this year.
Ripple and XRP
Ripple has released a new interview with Nicolas Palacios, the CFO of the Mexico-based financial gateway Cuallix.
The company is one of the first to adopt Ripple’s xRapid which sources liquidity from XRP to boost cross-border payments.
— Ripple (@Ripple) January 14, 2019
The Ethereum Foundation is asking any developers who are creating decentralized apps on the platform to reach out.
The Foundation says it’s looking to do everything it can to support the creation of DApps that can solve real-world problems.
“Together, we can build a more globally accessible, more trustworthy and free internet, and eventually a society with less imbalance and injustice. That’s why we’re looking to learn more about the change already happening using impactful dApps built on Ethereum. If you, or someone you know,