Crypto whales are surfacing en masse as Bitcoin hits record highs for 2019.
In the past 24 hours, some of the biggest BTC, ETH and XRP holders in existence have moved a total of $218.6 million in crypto. The biggest single transaction sent 9,000 BTC worth about $54.9 million from one unknown wallet to another.
? ? ? ? ? 9,000 #BTC (54,962,126 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) May 9, 2019
Here’s a look at all of the big Bitcoin transactions in the past 24 hours. The vast majority of the whale movements occurred between wallets of unknown origin and from one crypto exchange to another.
Only one transfer involved BTC moving from an unknown wallet to an exchange, indicating that the trader in question may be gearing up to sell their assets.
- 983 BTC worth $5.9 million transferred from Huobi to unknown wallet
- 1,121 BTC worth $6.7 million transferred from unknown wallet to Huobi
- 1,160 BTC worth $7.0 million transferred from Bitstamp to unknown wallet
- 1,200 BTC worth $7.2 million transferred from Bittrex to Bitstamp
- 4,000 BTC worth $24.1 million transferred from Coinbase to Bittrex
- 9,000 BTC worth $54.9 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 2,990 BTC worth $18.1 million transferred from Bittrex to unknown wallet
- 990 BTC worth $6.0 million transferred from Bittrex to unknown wallet
- 1,035 BTC worth $6.3 million transferred from OKEx to unknown wallet
- 1,250 BTC worth $7.4 million transferred from Bitfinex to Bittrex
- 1,000 BTC worth $5.9 million transferred from Bittrex to Bitfinex
The second biggest transaction comes from an XRP whale who moved $49.7 million worth of the digital asset from one unknown wallet to another.